Citizens Oversight Committee
About the Citizens Oversight Committee
Measure Q called for a Citizens Oversight Committee charged with providing input and review of the Strategic Plan and periodic updates. Citizen Oversight Committee duties include:
Provide input and review the Strategic Plan and subsequent plans; receive periodic updates on significant financial matters not previously identified in the Strategic Plan or annual budget that may materially impact the previously adopted Strategic Plan.
Hold meetings Quarterly and issue reports, on at least an annual basis, to inform and update the SMART Board and the Sonoma and Marin County residents on any developments related to the implementation, planning, and advancements of the Strategic Plan. Copies of this document should be made widely available to the public.
Receive briefings on financial, budgetary, capital plans and other strategic planning matters that may have a material impact on the District and provide updates to the SMART Board of Directors at least bi-annually.
The nine members selected shall have relevant experience, skill, and knowledge in performing their primary duty to advise the Board on Strategic Plans and objectives, drafting of Strategic Plans and knowledge of financial, budgetary, capital, transit, and other strategic planning matters. However, these individuals must also reflect a balance of viewpoints across the two Counties. In addition, members may be nominated by interested stakeholders and local organizations to be appointed to the Committee, these organizations may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Representative from local financial, business or taxpayer organizations
- Representative from environmental, voting and transit advocacy groups in Marin and Sonoma counties
- representative from major Sonoma and Marin employers
- Representative from Marin and Sonoma organizations representing seniors, veterans, and persons with disabilities
- Representative from advocacy groups representing bicyclists, pedestrians, and passengers
- Representative from school districts and colleges. Parents and educators may be considered eligible candidates.
- Representative from disadvantaged communities, minority groups and civil rights organizations
For additional information, please review the Citizens Oversight Committee Bylaws.
If you have questions or require additional information, please email Leticia Rosas, Clerk of the Board, at COC@sonomamarintrain.org or call (707) 794-3072.