Field Trip Program
SMART Field Trip Program
SMART offers a Field Trip Program for local students and educators. For school groups who participate in this program, students ride free and adults pay regular fare.
- Students ride free, adults pay regular fares
- Field trips must travel on non-peak trains. Trips 9, 4, and 24 cannot generally accommodate field trips, for travel on these trips
- Trips must be pre-arranged with SMART staff to ensure capacity and establish a point of contact for support
- SMART staff can offer support to the teachers with trip planning
- Teachers must pickup field trip passes to distribute to the students prior to the trip as proof of participation onboard the train
To arrange a field trip with SMART, please complete the inquiry form and provide details about the group trip you are planning. Please contact SMART Customer Service at 707-794-3330 (TTY 711) if you would like more information about the Field Trip Program.
SMART can also arrange a “Train Only” trip option combined with a SMART safety presentation by Community Outreach staff at the Larkspur or Sonoma County Airport Station.
Field trip destination ideas
|Destination||SMART Station||Walking Distance|
|Sonoma County Children’s Museum||Santa Rosa North||0.6 mile|
|Charles Schultz Museum and/or Snoopy Home Ice||Santa Rosa North||0.7 mile|
|Sonoma County Museum||Santa Rosa Downtown||0.4 mile|
|Petaluma Historical Library & Museum||Petaluma Downtown||0.6 mile|
|Novato History Museum||Novato Downtown||0.2 mile|
|Marin Museum of Contemporary Art||Novato Hamilton||0.3 mile|
|Hamilton Field History Museum||Novato Hamilton||0.6 mile|
|Frank Lloyd Wright Civic Center Tour||Marin Civic Center||0.8 mile|
|Marin History Museum||San Rafael||0.5 mile|
|San Rafael Mission||San Rafael||0.4 mile|
|Pacific Coast Air Museum||Santa Rosa Airport||0.0 mile use SMART Connect Shuttle|
|San Francisco||Larkspur + Ferry||Trip plan with help from SMART staff|